Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not in a slump - just searching for a piece of glitter on a beach

Okay so I'm not ALL in a slump, just not spending as much time writing to my blog (or reading others' for that matter - boy do I have some reading to do!). I think that I just need a break from it for a bit.

I posted previously that I wasn't sure what to do next. Since then I've realized that part of the problem - and I think we've all been there - is trying to do too many things at once, getting sidetracked with some relative that we just can't find, and spending too much time trying to find them when the outcome really isn't going to have an impact on truly anything - but for the life of me I cannot let it go!! Sometimes I feel like I'm searching for a small piece of glitter on a beach, a nearly impossible task and yet when you're not finding anything that you expect to find, you cannot stop looking.

I'm still researching, finding much on family that came from England that I never even knew about. My newly found cousin there has been researching also - it's wonderful to have another researcher's set of eyes and another brain to think things through. Just when I've thought "That's it! I cannot find him and I never will!" she comes back to me through email with another glimmering piece of information! It's great to have someone to bounce things off of and a take a second look!

English Cousin and I have been communicating pretty regularly and we're trying to solve some of the little mysteries of some of our shared relatives. Many we're now learning came to the US and we weren't aware of it. I probably have many more cousins here that I don't know - add another item on the list - go track those people down!

So, I have an idea what should take priority and yet I don't want to or just don't have the heart to do it right now. I have been updating my tree with the certs that she's shared and bits of new information so I guess I'm doing something but somehow I'm just not feeling it.

So, it may be a few days before I post again, hopefully next time I'll have something blog-worthy to write about. In the meatime I'll be out searching for another piece of glitter!

2 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    Good luck with your research!
    I understand how it is when you just can't find an ancestor anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28/3/09

    "Searching for a piece of glitter on a beach" is officially my new favourite saying! Lately I've been swinging wildly from slump to waaaay too much information to process, so I can certainly empathise. Keep on plugging!

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete