Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Adams News Clip for the week

As I've mentioned in previous posts, the social pages of newspapers in small towns are chock full of little tidbits about all the families in the area. If you took a few days off work sick, they wrote about it.. have a new baby? It's in there!

When I found this little notice about my Great Grandparents Joseph & Sarah (Roe)Leeming, I called and asked my Grandmother (their daughter) what had happened.


Apparently if your husband is in the hospital having an operation and you go to visit and fall down in front of the hospital on some ice... you guessed it, they wrote about it.

This clipping was in the North Adams Transcript newspaper 02/02/1934.

This is a seperate "fall" incident from the one that I wrote about here that also involved Sarah Leeming - which is worth a look for a good chuckle :-)




Image: Ancestry.com. North Adams Transcript (North Adams, Massachusetts) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data: North Adams Transcript. North Adams, MA, USA. Database created from microfilm copies of the newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment