Monday, December 29, 2008

Adams News Clip Of The Week

I mentioned in a previous post about a newspaper collection from the North Adams Transcript - a very small town paper in Mass. What a treasure that collection has been! In doing searches for my Bellew & Leeming families, I found an enormous amount of little stories and obits for family members who lived in that area. The best stories are found on the social pages - you couldn't have company, or catch a cold for that matter, without the whole town knowing about it. Imagine my surprise to find this article about 5 generations of family members gathered for a birthday celebration, but then imagine my shock to find a photo of my Great Great Grandmother (in the center of this photo, sitting down) staring back at me! The article was wonderful but the photo? I couldn't have asked for more! My Grandmother (who is still living - age 91) was as shocked as I was to see a photo of her Grandmother, Mother, Sister, Neice and Grand Nephew pictured in this photograph taken in 1956. What a find!!!

Pictured are Brian Gary Mull (baby), Jane Fountain Roe (seated), Edith Leeming Jones (left), Marjorie Jones Mull (center standing), Sarah Roe Leeming (right).



Image: Ancestry.com. North Adams Transcript (North Adams, Massachusetts) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data: North Adams Transcript. North Adams, MA, USA. Database created from microfilm copies of the newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment