Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Whole Year?

I can't believe it's been a year since I started this blog. I want to thank everyone who encouraged me, followed me and befriended me. There are MANY great people out there who have a passion for family history, genealogy and blogging! Thanks to all of you!

I am still spending time with my Dad during his illness and will remain at his side as much as I can. His family is the reason I started researching and I've enjoyed it every step of the way, as has he. But, the hobby and the blogging obviously have to be put aside right now, during this difficult time that needs to be spent with my family.

I especially want to thank everyone who's given well wishes in comments on my last post about my Dad. It means a lot to me and strengthens me that you're praying for us and sending thoughts our way. We moved him locally only three weeks ago and it's been wonderful to be able to see him everyday and spend time talking with him. It's a very difficult time to go through with a whirlwind of emotions - words cannot even describe it.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and happy blogaversary, Cindy!

    Keeping your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary - what a great first year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe that your blog is only a year old, because it has already made a great impact.

    I will continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy First Year Cindy. I have enjoyed following your blog this year and wish you and your family Thanksgiving blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversay! Keeping you and your family in prayer.

    Renate
    www.justthinking130@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogiversary Cindy and here's to wishing so many more. I know that one of the reasons I am thankful this Thanksgiving is for friends like you. You and your family have and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogaversary Cindy. Great looking cake. Love reading your blog. Happy Thanksgiving too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 1st blogaversary, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Blog Cindy, i started mine in Jan 2009. Sorry to hear about your Dad.When you do family research you can see that we are not here for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy first Blogiversary to you! A year flies by, doesn't it? Looking forward to the next year!

    ReplyDelete