Thursday, July 9, 2009

Genealogy Wise Social Network

I have to admit, I'm not a facebook or myspace user. I'm not into the social sites and never really knew what the attraction was. I wasn't interested in being contacted by hundreds of people that I didn't know.. but more than that, I really didn't want to be contacted by hundreds of people whom I hadn't seen in 20 years either. I think this would be the true and honest reason that I never joined one of these social sites.

Genealogy Wise is a different story. When I heard about it yesterday my interest was pricked. It felt like a better place for me - the difference being that the reason we're all there is because we love genealogy. This morning I jumped on the bandwagon and I must say I love the site. While I'm not sure that I'll be able to keep up with regular updates to my new page and all the other stuff that goes along with managing it, I'm sure that in time I'll come to love using it and making connections with others that love this hobby.

My blog has been suffering from lack of attention of late. I've been very busy chasing down various lines and making connections with other researchers. We also spent a long weekend out of town over the 4th of July. Summer is a very busy time in our home. Lots of kids in and out of the house every day and various plans with friends keep us busy. I hope to get back to regular posts soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, I too joined GW, I am too thinking how am I going to be able to keep up. I can only do what I can do! I am frazzeled as is! Our home is the same, busy busy. When we both get back we can catch up with each other. Still haven't had time to do any cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    I joined GW last week and holy cow batman! I found someone who could help me connect the Norway ancestor even further back then I already had by translating the columns in the parish registers in Norway. It's a wonderful site.

    I can totally relate as to being frazzled. I have 4 kids under in the 5-6 age range, a 18 month old grandbaby, and a 6 month old....plus I work full time and in the half hour I have before bed, I try to catch up on GW, Facebook, my two blogs and email.

    Here's to those of us who are busy but still find the time to find the leaves floating in their respective gene pool.

    ReplyDelete